CARRBRIDGE & VICINITY COMMUNITY COUNCIL

MINUTES OF AGM

HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL ON

Thursday 29th June, 2017 at 7.00p.m.

Present: Andrew Kirk (Chairman), Bill Lobban (Councillor), Kate Adamson, Charles Miller, Robert McInnes, Alan Rankin, George Dyer and Alice Buttress.

In attendance: Jan Carlyle, Mairi Brown (VABS and local resident), Bobbie McElligott, Janet Porteous, Jacqueline Rice and Heather Davidson (Minutes)

Apologies: Lorraine Anderson

Andrew Kirk opened the meeting and read the Notice of the AGM

Minutes of AGM of 30th June 2016 Approval proposed by George Dyer and seconded by Charles Miller, with general agreement

Chairman’s Annual Report

Andrew Kirk gave the Community Council Report:

The Community Council continue to progress and address projects, issues and concerns.

 In no particular order-

 Playing Field – Mairi Brown ,VABS, is assisting a large group of interested residents and the CC and to upgrade and expand the existing playpark. A lot of fundraising has taken place and various applications for funding have been submitted –some successfully. So far £12,679.00 has been raised. We have been frustrated by the apparent inaction of the ‘owner ‘of the asset ,THC and Highlife Highland who ‘manage ‘ it  due , to the Highlife/Highland Council relationship . However  although we have been  pursuing this actively we have  again been frustrated by various personnel changes within HLH and THC which has slowed progress as we have to repeat everything again to someone new. Although we will be funding the purchase and installation of the equipment we have to do this through THC.

We continue to press Highlife and the Highland Council, to resolve the drainage issue. The Playpark improvement will be a benefit to residents and visitors alike .

Jigsaws- David Ritchie organised and underwrote the financing of the Carrbridge Jigsaw. For the time being the proceeds of the jigsaws are going towards the Community Council Playpark project. Thanks to David for getting this initiative off the ground and thanks to the village businesses particularly Kireen at the Spar for selling so many. Jigsaws are also available from Landmark, Old Bakery and the Artisans shop.

Speeding  - The CC continues to lobby the Police to enforce the speed limit. The residents of the Slochd in particular contacted the CC regarding excessive speed on their stretch and the CC asked for THC to monitor speeds with road strips which they did.

Parking – On street parking continues to be a problem and the CC is trying to reach a consensus on how to resolve this.

Grass Cutting – following a lot of complaints to the CC from residents and from the CC to THC we are pleased to see Grass cutting brought back in house. The poor standard of the cemetery grass cutting caused the most distress. We were also pleased to see the Ellanwood flowerbed once again planted by HC professionals although thanks to Mandy Macdonald and her helpers for seeing to it last year.

Housing Developments – There is currently a pre planning consultation for 25 houses opposite Landmark beside Crannich Park.  12 Council and 13 low cost.

There is currently no application for the Boys Brigade field opposite Carr Place. The CC lobbied hard for this site to be restricted in size protecting the woodland behind and that 72 houses was far too many. However the CNPA have recently published their adopted Carr-Bridge (Site H1) Development Brief which although now restricts any application to the field only – not the 2/3rds behind it as originally planned - allows an application for 72 dwellings.

Many will feel this is too dense and that Carr Road cannot cope with the additional volume of traffic.

We don’t want the village to stagnate but we also don’t want the volume and density of houses proposed by CNPA and very concerned by the inadequacy of Carr road with no apparent solution.

Ellan Bridge – We continue to ‘look ‘after the bridge and are indebted to John Walker who undertakes the annual inspection at no cost. The next major inspection is 2021 .

Capercaillie – we were approached by the CNPA on an initiative to be part of a National Park-wide Capercaillie project.

The first stage would be an 18 month ‘Development Phase’, to hear community opinions. Following the community engagement, the ‘Delivery Phase’ application would be based on the communities’ views and values. The Delivery Phase would be a 3 and a half year project (2019-2022).

This proved to be divisive with some in the community but following a very well attended public meeting organised by CNPA but heavily publicised by the CC the decision was made to give support to a HLF (Heritage Lottery Fund) application for funding.

 Carrbridge Business and Tourist Association – We continue to be very supportive of the CBTA, helping towards the finance of the Tourist Information Point and supporting the replacement of the adjacent informative paths plinth and the village Path Map.

Website - carrbridge.com – This web site is owned by the community and up to now managed by the CBTA. Roy Brown, who for many years has administrated it has given good notice he wishes to stand down. Alan Rankin with input from others is investigating how we go forward with this. Grateful thanks to Roy for all his years of unpaid service.

Struan – We are no further forward with this despite regular dialogue with THC and the CNPA. We believe THC and a housing association have been in advanced talks with the owners but because of commercial confidentiality we have no details of progress.

Tom na Clach - The CC are represented on the Community Benefit Fund forum and on the Construction Liaison Forum by Kate Adamson, Robert McInnes and Andrew Kirk.

Bursary – Alan Rankin has spent a lot of effort into setting this up. The first bursary should be awarded this year.

New Hospital Consultation– We are represented on this by Kate Adamson.

Paths – Following the storm damage to the all abilities Riverside path, the CC funded and organised it’s repair.

During the year we successfully lobbied the Estate to repair and reinstate damaged pathways following forestry works.  Alan Rankin in particular has been the lead on this. The Estate replaced an area on the railway path that was not affected by their forestry work for which we were very grateful.

Following the discovery some time ago of low level asbestos in recycled path material regular ‘litter’ picks by specialists, paid for THC, continue.

Alice Buttress in particular continues to monitor the process.

War Memorial- We funded the improvement of the path up to the War Memorial including hand rails with THC organising the contract and supervising the works. Robert McInnes and Andrew Kirk put a lot into achieving this.

We would have liked the path to have been all abilities but the gradient would have meant it would have had to have been very much more expensive with many zigzags and pragmatically we compromised. The memorial itself although in reasonable condition is to be restored by a stone mason organised by THC and financed through a war memorial fund.

Bridge300 – following a lot of community suggestion that the 300th anniversary of the bridge must be marked, the CC along with many others including the school, organised a weekend of celebration in May which was well attended and received. Particular thanks to Mairi Brown as a resident for all the effort she put into this. Businesses all reported a uplift in their business. There is a Bridge300 Art Exhibition planned for 20th to 22nd Oct which the CC and others are supporting.

Old Packhorse Bridge – As stated last year there was a suggestion that THC would have liked to transfer ownership of the Bridge to the CC or to a Trust set up by us. We stated firmly then that such is the historical and architectural importance of the Bridge and with the financial implications of looking after it, we did not wish this and it should remain with THC or perhaps Historic Scotland.  THC regularly monitors the Bridge and we believe they plan to do some remedial work on it in 2018.

We would like to see the grass and shrub area adjacent to Station Road ‘ tidied up’ – we will work with THC and neighbouring households to see if this can be achieved.

A9 Dualling – We continue to liaise with Transport Scotland and Atkins Mouchel regarding the Dualling process. We have helped to publicise the consultation days in the Village Hall and have submitted numerous submissions to consultations particularly on Blackmount junction. We think we are having some success with that topic.  We have also been in dialogue on the subject of commercialism of laybys which would affect village businesses if allowed. We continue to monitor this. Alan Rankin is leading on this.

We are also liaising with them regarding NMUs (cycle tracks to most people) and the desire for a Bus Stop on the A9 parallel with the Station.  We will continue to work closely with them as the works progress.

First Participatory Budgeting Event for Badenoch & Strathspey – we were pleased that Carrbridge was chosen as the first venue and helped THC all we could prior to and on the day. Carrbridge and the Village Hall received many complimentary comments which appreciated. The community was also successful in its two bids, for the village hall extension and playpark improvements.

Carve Carrbridge - We continue to be very supportive of the Carve and again thank them for the surplus funds they contribute to the village.

Golden Spurtle World Porridge Making Championships  -Again we are indebted to Margarete Paschke and her small team for looking after this famous event and the publicity it generates.  Margarete however, is standing down after 3 years and we thank her for all she did. We are pleased to report that Michelle Green is taking over the Spurtle and we wish her well.

Seniors Christmas Dinner – over 100 over 65’s attended  and thanks to all those who helped organise the event. Thanks to Colin and Theresa for their help and for maintaining the price at the same level for the last many years. 

Duck Race – the profit from this go towards financing the senior Christmas lunch. This year the race will be on Sunday 6th August. Thanks to George Dyer particularly for organising this.

Village Hall  - We are very supportive of all the Village Hall committee do and continue to support them financially as necessary. The Village Hall is the communities most importantly owned asset.  We are the major funder of the planned extension.

Treasurer – Fiona McMullen stood down as Treasurer/Account Manager after many years. We are very grateful to her for all she did.  We are also grateful for her professional hand over to Alan Rankin our new Treasurer. Alan has put a lot into this task in the last year which has been very worthwhile.

Community Council Elections- These were held in November 2015. We tried hard to get nominations and along with THC publicised the CC election widely. However there were only 7 nominations and we were duly elected. As we are allowed 8, following  much discussion , we co-opted Charlie Miller and thank him for his commitment.

Thanks of course to all the other community councillors, George Dyer , Kate Adamson , Robert McInnes , David Ritchie , and Alice Buttress for all their hard work and input. Thanks to Heather Davidson for taking the minutes so studiously and to Bill Lobban our Highland Councillor for all his support and helpful advice during and between our meetings.

Treasurers Report 2016- 2017

Alan Rankin gave the Report

Opening bank balance

£22,045.75

Income

£27,100.57

Expenditure

£13,658.81

Surplus to Income and Expenditure

£13,441.76

Bank Balance at 31st March

£34,644.13

Represented by

• Total cheques un-cashed

344.32

• Total invoices not paid

£1,187.70

Representing a final accrual based balance

£35,487.51

Carrbridge and Vicinity Community Council commitments

• Village Hall Refurbishment £20,000

• Bridge 300 Celebrations £5,000

INCOME AND EXPENDITURE STATEMENT

Income

Highland Council Grant

£1,027.70

Reidhaven Estate

£500.00

Carr-bridge Ahead for Community Projects

£25,000.00

£26,527.70

Other Income

Carve Repayment

£140.00

Transfer error repayment

£10.00

Carr-bridge Bowling Club -insurance

£262.57

Spey Valley FC playing field

£160.00

£ 572.57

Total Income

Expenditure

Insurance

£84.32

Meeting Expenses

£179.00

Minute Sec & Retirement Present

£666.00

Miscellaneous

 

£1,153.32

Community Events & Projects

Defib

£80.00

Bowling Club Support

£1,432.31

Safety Barriers

£1,092.00

Riverside path

£3,156.00

War Memorial path

£4,000.00

Ellan Bridge Sign

£80.00

Village Hall wi fi

£250.00

Visitor Leaflet

£250.00

Tourist leaflet

£43.18

Bench Repair

£150.00

Community Christmas Parties

£1,757.50

Bridge 300

£14.50

GGS contribution to Spurtle

 

£12,505.49

Total Expenditure

£13,658.81

Acceptance of Accounts proposed by George Dyer, seconded by Alice Buttress,

With general acceptance

Ann Trail from VABs has kindly checked

and approved the accounts in the

format that is required for submission

to Highland Council

(Copy of this format attached)

£27,100.27

£84.32

£179.00

£666.00

£224.00 £ 1,153.32

£ 80.00

£1,432.31

£1,092.00

£3,156.00

£4,000.00

£ 80.00

£ 250.00

£ 250.00

 

£ 43.18

£ 150.00

 

£1,747.50

£ 14.50

£ 200,00 £12,505.49

 
   

£13,658.81

 
   
   
   
   
   
   
   

£12,505.49

   Office Bearers were re-elected:


Chairman: Andrew Kirk Proposed by Alan Rankin Seconded by Robert McInnes

Vice Chairman: George Dyer Proposed by Andrew Kirk Seconded by Alice Buttress

Treasurer: Alan Rankin Proposed by George Dyer Seconded by Kate Adamson

Secretary: Kate Adamson Proposed by Charles Miller Seconded by George Dyer

Minutes: Heather Davidson Unanimously appointed and honorarium agreed

Meeting ended 7.26 pm

CARR-BRIDGE & VICINITY COMMUNITY COUNCIL

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

 AGENDA

Meeting Thursday July 26th 2018 in the Village Hall at 7.00pm

House Keeping: Fire Exits etc

Introduction of Community Councillors to Visitors

Apologies:

  1. Minutes of AGM of 29th June 2017 (attached)

  1. Chairman’s report

  1. Treasurer’s report

  1. Matters Arising

  1. Election of office bearers

    1. Andrew Kirk  Chairman

    2. George Dyer  Vice Chairman

    3. Kate Adamson  Secretary

    4. Charles Miller  Treasurer

  1. AOCB Appointment of Minutes Secretary
    Agreement of honorarium paid

End of AGM

 

CARRBRIDGE & VICINITY COMMUNITY COUNCIL

AGENDA

Thursday 28th June 2018 at 7.30p.m. at Carrbridge Village Hall

House Keeping: Fire Exits etc

Introduction of Community Councillors to Visitors

People present and apologies received

Minutes of Meeting 31st May 2018 – agreement and signing

Matters Arising

  • Playing Fields Playpark Upgrade and Drainage
  • Speeding
  • Website and Domain name
  • A9 Dualling
  • Cycle Route to Kinveachy
  • Porridge Report from Mich Green- if required
  • Struan House Hotel
  • Carrbridge Bursary
  • Track up to Graveyard - ?repair of potholes
  • Data Protection and Christmas List

Matters Outstanding (no discussion needed unless new information)

  • Old Bridge
  • Capercaillie
  • Ellan Bridge - 2 yearly inspection
  • Paths Ellan Wood
  • War Memorial
  • Pay phone - future
  • Tom na Clach
  • Village Hall
  • Carrbridge Toilets ??consultation
  • Development Plan – Main Issues Report

Written Financial report from the Treasurer CM

  • Current Account totals

Duck Race 5th August 2018

Planning Applications received by email

New Items - some received by Chairman & Secretary and already circulated by email

Questions or contributions from the public present

Date of next meeting: Thursday 26th July 2018 at 7.30 in Village Hall

Time of closure of meeting 

CARRBRIDGE & VICINITY COMMUNITY COUNCIL

MINUTES OF MEETING

HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL ON

Thursday 26th April 2018

in the Village Hall at 7.30p.m.

Present:

Andrew Kirk (Chairman) David Ritchie, Robert McInnes, Bill Lobban (Councillor), Alice Buttress and Charles Miller.

In attendance:

Rebecca Badger, (CNP), Martyn O’Reilly, Lorraine Anderson, Jacqueline Rice, Denise Stott, Tessa Jones, Heather Davidson (minutes).

Andrew Kirk welcomed all to the meeting.

Apologies: Kate Adamson, George Dyer, Alan Rankin.

Minutes: The minutes of the meeting held on 29th March 2018 were proposed by Charles Miller and seconded by Robert McInnes.

MATTERS ARISING:

Playing Field and Playpark – No decision has been made as to the company who will supply the play park equipment, three tenders are in the pipeline. Drainage and bore holes in the playing field are underway. All monies are in place

Speeding: The 20mph proposal is subject to agreement by residents. Bill Lobban reported that it is less than 1 minute longer to drive from one end of the village to the other if driving at 20mph compared to 30mph and went on to say that driving at 20mph does not cause any more pollution, he feels this is a road safety issue so as not to have to wait until a child is knocked down. The 30mph signs would change to 20mph and this hopefully will be in all local villages. It is up to the Road Engineer to decide on mph signs, i.e. 40, 30, 20 mph. Charles Miller asked if other villages want this to happen, Bill Lobban replied that Aviemore and Newtonmore want this to happen. Robert McInnes and Alice Buttress at a CNP Forum meeting stated that the police are in total agreement, Kincraig are especially keen. Andrew Kirk stated that the exact start of 20mph within the village would need to be discussed; Charlie Miller has doubts about this – it is either all or nothing and he doubts it working as there is no policing in place. Bill Lobban continued that there will be an occasional police presence. Lorraine Anderson stated that 20mph must be better than 30mph. Denise Stott added that 100% of drivers overspeed by doing 40mph in a 20mph and feels people will be more aware and asked if speed signs on the Grantown-on-Spey Road would be placed further out. The meeting agreed in principle that they are in favour of 20mph instead of 30mph. Bill Lobban added that road markings would be further out. Jacqueline Rice asked if paint lines at the triangle could be made more noticeable. Andrew Kirk added that unfortunately white lines do not last the winters. Bill Lobban went on to say that white lines are to be painted more often.

Website and Domain: This is still progressing.

A9 Dualling and Cycle Route: See attached sheet on response to dualling consultation.

There is to be a meeting on 10th May 2018 in Carrbridge Village Hall with Sustrans, CNP and the working group. Rebecca Badger stated that this meeting is for the CC to put their case and state exactly what is wanted. Bill Lobban added that this was an ideal opportunity as the cost of the route required is peanuts against the cost of duallling the A9.

Porridge: Michelle Green sent the following report:

Plans are progressing well. We already have a good number of entrants from as far as Canada and Australia! We also have a number of children who have entered so I am currently looking for help in preparing a Safeguarding Policy. The Russian Championship was held in a shopping mall and they have issued the winner with a ‘boarding pass’ to our Championships. I met with the Inverness Food Assembly and finalised the details of the food market which will be held in the marquee behind the church. I have also prepared a first draft of the recipe book to celebrate the 25 years.

Struan House Hotel: Bill Lobban reported that a BBC news item intimated that there is to be new legislation regarding derelict buildings, which may make it a possibility to force the owners to sell. Hamish Trench is pushing for this. Andrew Kirk added that as stated many times it is far from easy as the building is joined to two other houses. John Docherty HC, is checking the building on a regular basis as there are concerns regarding the safety of the building.

Bursary: Charles Miller is going to progress this matter.

Pot Holes: It has been noted that the pot holes and the Graveyard have not been repaired as yet.

Picnic Bench: With money donated by HC a flat pack picnic bench has been purchased, Robert McInnes is to build it up and make sure it is secured.

Poppy Cascade: Bill Lobban informed the meeting whilst at Culloden Academy there were 1000’s of poppies in a cascade and it looked magnificent and intimated that the Primary School may like to do likewise and hoped for CC support. Andrew Kirk asked if we could get more information on this.

Treasurer’s Report: Charles Miller has taken over the post as Treasurer and is in the process of filling out all the necessary paper work with the Bank and can do nothing until this is regularised. The process with the bank is very difficult and frustrating. As at 13th April 2018 there is £6,900 in account.

Community Shed: Andrew Kirk was pleased to report that the shed has been zero rated with regard to Council Tax.

Planning: One item of planning for Jamie Yule – no problems.

Jigsaws: David Ritchie financed the purchase of the jigsaws and as of this date monies back into the community for the Playpark Improvement project is £1,100.00. Well done David.

Railway: On 1st May 2018 there is an open meeting at Kingussie between 6.30 – 8.00p.m. regarding the Highland main rail line. Andrew Kirk hopes to attend.

Plantation Path: As previously reported this needs attention i.e. resurfacing. Rebecca Badger CNP to take this matter forward.

Yellow Lines: The Village is having yellow lines put in place in various danger spots with a mandatory disabled bay outside the Gallery. This should happen soon. This is a Highland Council decision following numerous complaints to the CC and THC, many with photograhs about inconsiderate unsafe parking and the impeding of traffic flow on Station Road and the Main street around the cafes and shop and also opposite the entrance to Carr road. This was not a CC decision but we did ask Highland Council what could be done. Yellow lines were the only option offered.

Rural Watch Scheme: It was suggested that those interested could join the Rural Watch Scheme i.e. regarding illegal killing of birds. There is to be a full-time Wildlife Crime Prevention Officer appointed.

Wind Farm: Robert McInnes and Kate Adamson are to attend a meeting for a viewing.

A.0.C.B.

Recycling Bins: Bill Lobban reported that a new style recycling bin will be installed at the Car Park.

Data Protection: Charles Miller stated that Data Protection Regulations come into fruition in May, the easiest way forward is to state any Data that is held. Andrew Kirk asked about the Senior Citizens list of names, which is only used for the Christmas Dinner and any new additions to the list would have to be asked for permission which is in accordance with the 12 principles. Andrew Kirk asked if compliance could be made as simple as possible as it was difficult enough as it was. Charlie will investigate E-mails received as must only be on CC e-mail address not on personal e-mail. We are trying to resolve this.

Activities in National Park: Rebecca Badger informed the meeting that between 11th – 13th May 2018 there is to be Landrover Safari’s round the Park. The Capercaille Group reported that there are a few volunteers from the village, Alice Buttress and Charles Miller are to be involved in this from the CC.

Felled Trees on Inverness Road: Lorraine Anderson queried the cutting down of the trees. Andrew Kirk informed the meeting that the Forestry Commission is still investigating. It seems that it is in the public domain that Colin Watt bought the land, and we await further developments. Lorraine went on to ask can the CC not do anything about this. Jacqueline Rice added that although HC vote against planning it still happens. Rebecca Badger explained that on the Local Development Plan this is not a proposed site for development.

The meeting closed at 8.40p.m. Date of next meeting 3lst May 2018

A9 Dualling and Cycle Route: See below for the response to the dualling consultation.

A9 DUALLING 2 Page 1

 

A9 DUALLING 2 Page 2

CARRBRIDGE & VICINITY COMMUNITY COUNCIL

AGENDA

Thursday 31st May 2018 at 7.30p.m. at Carrbridge Village Hall

House Keeping: Fire Exits etc

Introduction of Community Councillors to Visitors

People present and apologies received     

Minutes of Meeting 26th  April 2018 – agreement and signing

Matters Arising            

  • Playing Fields Playpark Upgrade and Drainage
  • Speeding
  • Website and Domain name
  • A9 Dualling  and Cycle Route to Kinveachy      
  • Porridge Report from Mich Green- if required
  • Struan House Hotel
  • Bursary
  • Track up to Graveyard - ?repair of potholes
  • Car Park – picnic bench
  • Primary School cascade of poppies
  • Data Protection and Christmas List                             

Matters Outstanding  (no discussion needed unless new information)       

Old Bridge                                                 Capercaillie

Redesign of Health Services B & S              Ellan Bridge -  2 yearly inspections 

War Memorial                                              Paths Ellan Wood

Tom na Clach                                            Pay phone - future

Carrbridge Bursary                                   Village Hall                                                                             

Development Plan – Main Issues Report      Carrbridge Toilets  ??consultation

 

Written Financial report from the Treasurer CM

 Current Account totals

Planning Applications received by email                   

New Items - some received by Chairman & Secretary and already circulated by email

            Railway Meeting on Highland Main line

            Windfarm inspection and photos   AK,  RMcI,  KA    

                                                                                               

Questions or contributions from the public present

Date of next meeting:  Thursday 28th June 2018 at 7.30 in Village Hall

Time of closure of meeting                

Page 1 of 3

cairngorms-logo-260x159-g.png

Community Council Events

Mar
29

7:30 pm - 9:00 pm

Apr
26

7:30 pm - 9:00 pm

May
31

7:30 pm - 9:00 pm

Annual Events

Sep
1

10:00 am - 5:30 pm

Social Links

Share This

Follow Us

Search

Back to Top