Prior to the opening of today's Carrbridge Primary School in 1990, the school for the village was Duthil School - one and a half miles from the village on the Grantown road. Duthil School was built in 1877. There had also been a school at Balnastraid (near Duthil Church) which was the first in the district, dating from the late 18th century. There was also a girls' school at The Glebe before it became church property.
To the west of the Parish, a school at Battan served the children from Battan and Foregin (off the Inverness road near Battan Burn). Beside the ruin of this school is another ruin which was once a hospital. it was used to tend casualties among men working on the building of the Highland Railway.
Farther west there was a school at Inverlaidnan to serve Dalnahaitnach. This school moved to Incharn, farther north, and in 1905 the children moved to a school at Slochd. The latter closed in 1959 and was demolished.